Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 1; 31 days of blogging about organization and family

31 day challenge and its been 2 years since blogging, but here we go. 

~What I want to get out of this challenge:
As you can see I'm not as much of a blogger as others doing this challenge.  But I really do enjoy reading blogs, I just find that I don't have the time to sit down and write sometimes.  Being a mom of two girls now has put me in a state of unfamiliar territory...unorganized.  Others may say I am still organized, but I tend to feel otherwise.  So I really want to read others blogs during this challenge to get a deeper root with 1. The Lord (to find comfort and encouragement from other bloggers) and 2. to see I'm not the only one feeling this disconnected with being organized. 

~Organization:
By far this and hospitality have always shown to be my "spiritual gifts".  But it is so hard these days to feel organized.  I haven't been able to put my finger on why yet, but there has to be some answer out there.  I typically am one to always straighten up my house after the girls go to bed, clean the entire house once a week, and remember birthdays, appointments, and special events....LATELY: all of this is out the window.  Yes I pick up occasionally when the girls have put a toy in every room and it is almost hazardous to walk, and I still clean once a week, but not the deep cleaning like I used to, but the one thing that has been really frustrating is being so unorganized that I am forgetting things that should be most important.

~Tackling this the best I know how:
I used to be the type of person that carried around her calendar everywhere (like a purse), but now I find myself barely using it.  I am still old school, where I like to have a calendar book and not use my phone.  I think I just enjoy writing on something and like to be able to see out far on a calendar.  Maybe one day I will convert and use my phone, but for now I am a calendar book kind of girl.  The other thing I think has caused this disconnect is our life this past year...

Break down:
March 2012: my Mimother was diagnosed with GBM (brain cancer)
June 2012: we were asked to move back to Savannah, GA from NC
July 2012: my Mimother passed away (she was like a mom to me)
August 2012: we had Ansley (our 2nd daughter, and we had her a little more than one week after my Mimother passed away)
Same month, three weeks after having Ansley, we moved to an apartment in Savannah GA.
October 2012: found a house, sold our other house, went to NC to finish packing and moving and moved into our new house in Richmond Hill, GA
Jan 2013: Anna Kate (our oldest daughter) turns 3 and starts preschool
March-May 2013: battling a mold problem in our new home....washed everything in our master bedroom...that was a ton of laundry
July 2013: one year anniversary to my Mimother's passing
August 2013: Ansley's first birthday

It may not look like a lot, but it has felt like a rough year.  Lots of emotions, lots of hormones, lots of change.  So maybe this is the underlining factor for this feeling of disconnect and unorganized.  I guess now I just need to figure out the motivation to get back to the way I know works best for me.  I know lots of ppl say to not worry about your house because you will miss what's most important: your kids and family...I kinda feel like I am missing more by worrying than just getting back into a routine like I used to do.  So bare with the randomness of my blogging, but I hope someone can relate. 

Thanks Hazel Hive for encouraging me to write again!!! 

Thanks for reading,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. 1. mold is evil (more on that in an upcoming post)

    2. i love you & i feel utterly disorgnized but have always been more than you ;)

    3. i miss you & those girlies

    ReplyDelete